Subject: Re: Booting from IDE on Multia
To: None <abs@netbsd.org, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/15/2000 15:10:32
> From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
>
> 	Would it be feasible to build a special multa bootloader that
> 	used the old buggy milo PALcode to load the kernel? Once was
> 	loaded everything could switch to SRM?

Uhh, if you had SRM, you wouldn't be booting from ARC. If you were booting
from ARC, there would be no SRM to switch to. And you boot from ARC
using the NT palcode, by making ARC callbacks...the thing you need the
OSF/1 palcode for is running the kernel, not for booting it.

Or did I completely misunderstand the question?