Subject: PC164 memory
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/04/2000 22:20:51
I have a PC164 with 4x16MB SIMMS.  I want to upgrade to 32MB SIMMS.
When I replace the 16s with either 4 or 8 32MB SIMMS (and set the
memory width appropriately) the boot process is completely
interrupted; even the SRM does not run and no signal seems to be sent
to the monitor.  The keyboard seems to loop indefinitely with two
simultaneous quick blinks of all the lights, a pause, two more quick
blinks, a pause, and so on.

Supposedly these are 32MB, true parity, 60ns SIMMs.  How can I verify
that is in fact the case?

Any suggestions about how to figure out what is wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook