Subject: Re: DPWS500/Pyxis bugs, corrupt memory etc.
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/03/2000 23:14:23
On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 06:05:34PM +0100, Olaf Seibert wrote:

> Oh, and of the various cd rippers, cdparanoia is the only one that seems
> to handle this cd. I thought maybe the others (cdd and tosha) got
> confused by the possibly incomplete fake SCSI of atapi.

There's no attempt to fake scsi in the atapi driver (which would require to
emulate some commands, and would be a lot of work which desn't need to be
in the kernel). It's just the interface for sending commands which is the
same. In general scsi commands will work with atapi devices too but
if something is different between scsi and atapi the program has to take
care of that.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>