Subject: Re: lame (the MP3 encoder) broken on alpha
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Joachim Kuebart <kuebart@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/30/2000 23:47:26
--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

Tim Rightnour wrote:
>=20
> On 24-Jan-00 Curt Sampson wrote:
> > lame, the mp3 encoder (/usr/pkgsrc/audio/lame) is broken on the alpha:
>=20
> I thought I posted/PRed this.. but maybe I just told Ross privately..  I =
think
> the problem is alpha's IEEE float stuff..

The problem was one of uninitialized variables being used which
were legal (by accident) on Intel, but caused the Alpha to SIGFPE.
The problem will be fixed in the 3.62 release of Lame, but I can
send patches to the list (or elsewhere) fixing the problem right
now.

cu Jo

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--