Subject: Re: What I did on a snowy day in DC.
To: David Weaver <dweaver@usac.net>
From: Andreas Falck <faland-7@sm.luth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/29/2000 14:02:36
A dark fall day in sweden I did almost exactly the same thing, these two
stories could aswell be mine. It's the same board, from the same place,
and I experienced (and solved) about the same problems.
The machine has been running since october last year, with downtimes only
due to the "outer world". (ie I needed the power cable once :)
What I need now is more memory to fill up all banks!

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, David Weaver wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, HerbalGypsy/justbob wrote:
>
> I was just about to write a NetBSD/alpha install story for the list
> myself.
>
> // I had picked up this PC164/500 from sysmerica via ebay.  picked up a box
>
> I picked up the same board, in the same place.  It is a really good board.
>
> // My compliments to the 1.4.1 team.
> // My compliments to the alpha port team!!
>
> Add mine to that.  It is a really well built, well thought out, rock solid
> operating system.

And mine! It seems to be the most stable os I've tried so far!

/Andreas