Subject: Re: a few questions ...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/26/2000 00:38:46
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> - the DS 20 has storageworks scsi enclosure. Can I put standart UW scsi
>   disks in it, or do I have to go with DEC HW ?

Well, this is an interesting question, given that `DEC' hardware
is no longer available. If you put certain Quantum drives in it,
those would be DEC hardware with a different name, as DEC sold
their disk division to Quantum a few years ago. On the other hand,
you could put Compaq hardware in it, but that would really most
likely be non-DEC hardware with a different name as Compaq doesn't
make disk drives. It's all so confusing, isn't it? :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org