Subject: Re: 3000/300 turbochannel support?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/25/2000 17:15:39
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/models.html says that devices
> in a 3000/300's turbochannel slots don't work.  Is this still the
> case, or is that outdated information?

The 3000/300 machines have a half speed TURBOchannel.

That uncovered bugs in a few TC cards.  There were also bugs in some
of the TC interface chips/logic on the 3000/300.  The rev level of
the motherboard can be significant.

A list of TC cards/platforms that are known to work might be helpful.
I doubt if it will get big enough so that it becomes hard to maintain.

[I worked on a TC card that had problems on a /300.  I've forgotten
or supressed all the details.]