Subject: a few questions ...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/25/2000 11:48:44
Hi,
I'm considering building an NFS server from a DS20 box, probably running
NetBSD. Not being really used to dec hardware, I have a few questions.

- the DS 20 has storageworks scsi enclosure. Can I put standart UW scsi
  disks in it, or do I have to go with DEC HW ?
- Is the warranty woid if I put non-DEC hardware in the machine (hard disks
  or PCI boards) ?

Also the DS20E looks nicer for my application, but from the docs on the web
it seems that it uses Ultra2 disks and scsi adapter. Does anyone know if the
DEC Ultra2 scsi adapter is supported by NetBSD ?