Subject: SCSI problems in -current?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/20/2000 12:50:59
I supped a fresh -current yesterday but the resultant kernel hangs my
DEC 3000/300 after probing the SCSI devices (as far as I can tell---cu
kicks me out before the whole message is printed).  My 1.4L -current
kernel works, but I've not had any joy at all building a working 1.4P
(my last sup prior to yesterday's was sometime in late December, and
that kernel wouldn't work in the same fashion).  This also goes for a
GENERIC kernel built from the same sources.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

Paul.

PS: Also, does anyone know if NetBSD/alpha on a DEC 3000/300 can drive
a 56K modem at full speed (115200)?  I'm thinking of buying one, but
don't want to waste my money if the 3000/300 can only drive something as
fast as a 28800 modem, say.  Any help gratefully accepted.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa