Subject: Re: lint warnings in current
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/13/2000 11:35:31
> lint seems to continually complain about the following:

> /build/root/usr/include/machine/alpha_cpu.h(367): warning: static function alpha_pal_wrval unused
> /build/root/usr/include/machine/atomic.h(47): warning: static function alpha_atomic_setbits_q unused

> Is there something that can be done about it?

"make LINT=: ....", perhaps?

Seriously, I don't understand why *anyone* still uses lint in the face
of stuff like this, or "warning: pointer casts can be troublesome".  I
long ago gave up on it - too many worthless messages to be worth
sorting through to try to find the occasional worthwhile one.

gcc with lots of warning options turned on is much more effective.

At least for me.  YMMV.  If you are bell-hent on using lint, I do,
somewhere, have a wrapper that allows you to filter out messages by
providing a list of regexps, messages matching which are silently
deleted.  Send me mail and I can have a look around and see if I can
find it.

					der Mouse