Subject: Re: 1.4P and new XP1000 - SCSI problems
To: Sven Dietrich <spock@sled.gsfc.nasa.gov>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/12/2000 20:07:58
On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 08:43:19PM -0500, Sven Dietrich wrote:

> > > *must* *prevent* *hand* *from* *loading* *the* *Tru64* *CD*
> >
> > Go ahead. While you're at it, try a net install of freebsd. More
> > datapoints are good.
> >

> Ok, here is the comparison to FreeBSD...
>
> I loaded the OS, and did the same thing that caused the grief on
> the NetBSD version: I gunzip'ed a large file. Worked like a
> charm in two cases. It seems to point in the direction of
> NetBSD, as far as the problem is concerned...
>
> Unfortunately, FreeBSD is not an option presently, as it does
> not support my FDDI card...

What kind of FDDI card are you using? I used, admittedly quite some time
ago, a DEC DEFPA PCI fddi adapter between FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/alpha.
Worked just great.

BTW In case anybody is interested in FDDI stuff: I have a number of
brandnew DEFPA SAS cards. Willing to trade one for
a >= 2 port PCI FastEthernet card that is well supported under FreeBSD.

--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org