Subject: Re: -current snapshot on 3000-300XL
To: port-alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/12/2000 10:47:23
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 06:53:56PM +0100, Josef Watzko wrote:

> Fast Ethernet Turbochannel Card does not exist.
> To use the FDDI you need a FDDI Switch/Concentrator at your hub.

The ideal solution would be a fast ethernet switch with FDDI ports, but
a router would be workable, and may be easier to get ahold of.  :)

> Do not expect a fast System with the DEC3000/300XL, this is the very
> low end of Alpha.

And I always thought the multia took that honor.  :)

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  "Time Correct function allows automatically correcting slight variation