Subject: Re: More pyxis/500a info..
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/11/2000 10:59:44
Some time ago I was going to triumphantly report that my 500a works
perfectly with NetBSD, but after three weeks of trying to get it to run,
I've moved on to more pressing items.  My particular problem with a rev.
A04 board was not related to Jeff's problems, but rather once the
machine is booted (I've tried all iterations of INSTALL, GENERIC, and
custom kernels from the 12/4 and 12/31 snaps, and -current CVS sources),
I can't get it to stay up long without an imminent massive corruption of
the VGA display and an instant hard-reset.

It's fine for a while, until I use 'vi' and begin scrolling the display
(or do anything which touches virtual memory, it would seem).  Other
OS's don't choke.

I have to assume at this point that the damn pyxis bug is quite a doozy,
and is still haunting the code.

dhop