Subject: Re: NetBSD am7930 audio
To: Josef Watzko <josef.watzko@A1Plus.at>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/10/2000 07:46:08
Josef Watzko wrote:

>  Here are my experiences so far.
>
>  I installed your changes on NetBSD/Alpha 1.4.2_ALPHA since
>  a bug in 1.4.1 prevents it to be installed on a DEC3000/600.
>  First i can't find the file 'sys/dev/tc/files.tc [changed]'
>  in your sources. Will the following be OK ?

Yep.

>  Next there were some compilation errors and warnings with 'bba.c'.
>  Most of them are caused by functions specific to the pmax-port.

When I bring the code up to current it will be bus_space()ified and
these dependencies should go away.

>  I also think that the definitions in 'arch/alpha/tc/ioasicreg.h'
>  are not correct ( according to the DEC3000 System Reference Manual,
>  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dec-docs/ek-d3sys-pm.ps.gz )

I did recognise there was a problem with the alpha definitions.  I
couldn't verify them.

>  So far all compiles (few warnings) but autoconfig won't detect
>  the new driver 'AMD79c30 at ioasic0 offset 0x240000 not configured'.
>  If someone else has done more work, let me know.

The bba_probe() code only goes looking for the 'isdn' tag.  For the
alpha you want to go looking for 'AMD79c30'. (see alpha/tc/ioasic.c)

	-- Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>