Subject: Re: locale library (was Re: Back in June...)
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2000 02:55:23
>Takuya Shiozaki, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and others are also hacking
>locale libray which is originally based on FreeBSD's stuff, but
>already far better than that. (Although there are many many missing
>features, yet.)

	You should have stated what are the good parts:-)
	- support for stateful multibyte encoding like iso-2022 variants,
	  X11 ctext, and others (this is VERY important for asian people
	  as we can't write emails without stateful multibytes.  and no
	  other locale/runelocale library supports this...)
	- routines for multibyte <-> wide-char conversion routines are
 	  dynamicaly loadable as necessary.
	- binary compatible with existing NetBSD runelocale libraries.
	  (due to dl* twists the part experiences hard time...)

	Soda-san, please add other details.

itojun