Subject: Re: Boot up in SRM mode instead of AlphaBIOS
To: netbsd alpha <netbsd_alpha@yahoo.com>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/02/2000 11:19:40
I think it's clear now that there are certain... operating quirks with
the Miata models, especially the 500 versions.  These models were never
intended to run anything but NT, so they've been made devilishly hard to
break into SRM.  On mine, the motherboard SRM break switch didn't even
work.

However, this particular 500a finally boots into SRM at every cold
boot:  break into SRM from a firmware update menu, and set the os_type.
If this doesn't work for you, you've got gremlins, or a bad CMOS, one of
the two.

dhop