Subject: RE: compat_osf1 troubles with 1.4.1
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Oliver Frick <ofrick@ofrick.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/02/2000 18:12:21
> DIESE NACHRICHT IST IN MIME-FORMAT. Da Ihr Mailreader dieses Format nicht
unterstźtzt, kšnnte diese Nachricht ganz oder teilweise unlesbar sein.

--MS_Mac_OE_3029681541_87558_MIME_Part

i think, its UFS. I mount the CD-ROM with

mount /dev/cd0a /mnt

(i have a SCSI-CDROM on SCSI-ID 4 / Alphaserver 800)

You cannot mount the OSF1/CD on WinNT and others like Macintosh, ...

------

The second follow-up question ... does anyone know whether there is
something unusual about the OSF/1 CD format?  I tried mounting the CDs on
NetBSD/Alpha, AIX and WinNT, and none of them would read them.  Is it not
ISO 9660?
--MS_Mac_OE_3029681541_87558_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>RE: compat_osf1 troubles with 1.4.1</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><TT>i think, its UFS. I mount the CD-ROM with<BR>
<BR>
mount /dev/cd0a /mnt<BR>
<BR>
(i have a SCSI-CDROM on SCSI-ID 4 / Alphaserver 800)<BR>
<BR>
You cannot mount the OSF1/CD on WinNT and others like Macintosh, ...<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
------<BR>
<BR>
The second follow-up question ... does anyone know whether there is<BR>
something unusual about the OSF/1 CD format? &nbsp;I tried mounting the CDs=
 on<BR>
NetBSD/Alpha, AIX and WinNT, and none of them would read them. &nbsp;Is it =
not<BR>
ISO 9660?</TT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3029681541_87558_MIME_Part--