Subject: Re: panic while extracting pkgsrc.tar.gz
To: Michael T. Stolarchuk <mts@off.to>
From: Joe <joe@team7.cba.ualr.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1999 15:55:58
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Michael T. Stolarchuk wrote:

> its a severe kernel error. the file systes finds a inode, and
> notices it isn't free.  ffs_valloc is the fast file system
> node allocator..
>
> dup alloc means a inode is alloc'd twice...
> is this a toaster?  if not, can you manually fsck the system?

Yes, I manually fsck-ed /usr and it repaired it (I think). But when I
tried to remove pkgsrc directory I got the following messages:

team5# rm -rf pkgsrc
rm: pkgsrc/games/imaze: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/games: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/graphics/dx: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/graphics: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/parallel/pvm3: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/parallel: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/pkgtools/gensolpkg: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc/pkgtools: Directory not empty
rm: pkgsrc: Directory not empty

imaze, dx and pvm3 are empty as far as I can tell and I can't remove them.
I'm beginning to think my filesytem is hosed, or the diskdrive is flaky.

Thanks,
Joe