Subject: Re: Pyxis chip on a 500a.
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1999 11:21:06
Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com> writes:
> I read through these emails, thanks for the pointer.  I wonder if the
> problem I'm having is a different one though.  The video card I'm using is
> on the 32 bit bus, which is behind the pci-pci bridge. The
> pci_device_override would allow me to put the card on the main bus, but is
> this really what I want?

It does sound like it's a different problem.

You said:

>cia0: WARNING: Pyxis pass 1 DMA bug; no bets...
>
>After which it locks up. Is there anyway around this?  I would love to get
>this machine working..

I.e. there was _NO_ other kernel output after the 'cia0: WARNING: ...'
line?

that's interesting, because it means that the machine crashed in a
place where it shold be relatively easy to figure out what's going on.

You didn't say if you were trying to run 1.4.x or -current on that
box.  If -current, could you try to run a 1.4.x (e.g. 1.4.1) kernel?
If that fails, i can try to compile you a few kernels with debugging
printfs...  (I don't have -current on any of my alphas.)

cgd