Subject: Re: compat_osf1 troubles with 1.4.1
To: Tom Haapanen <tomh@metrics.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/28/1999 15:49:21
Tom Haapanen <tomh@metrics.com> writes:
> Anyway, this is what I get from ktrace:
> ktrace: exec of '/usr/local/frontpage/version4.0/bin/fpsrvadm.exe' failed:
> No such file or directory
>
> and kdump tells me that ...
>  21939 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
>  21939 ktrace   CALL  execve(0x1fffff89b,0x1fffff3c0,0x1fffff3d0)
>  21939 ktrace   RET   execve -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
>  21939 ktrace   CALL  write(0x2,0x1ffffead0,0x8)
> [...]
>
> Is that ktrace failing to file (yes, it really is there), or fpsrvadm.exe
> attempting to do an execve and failing?  (Also looked at the file with
> strings(1), and could not find any hardcoded paths in it.  But it's a fairly
> large file, so I could have missed something.)

hos exactly did you invoke ktrace and kdump?  As der Mouse noted, you
should have seen at least one NAMI line in between the CALL and RET of
execve() if you invoked ktrace and kdump with no special arguments.

Also, as Havard Eidnes noted, you'll need the OSF/1 /sbin/loader and
any needed shared libraries (installed under /emul/osf1) in order to
run dynamically linked OSF/1 binaries.

cgd