Subject: compat_osf1 troubles with 1.4.1
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Haapanen <tomh@metrics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/27/1999 22:54:39
OK, I throw my hands up and plead for help.

I had previously ignored compat_osf1 as I had no need for it, but now I
wanted to install the FrontPage extensions on the web server -- and, there,
Digital Unix is the only supported Alpha platform.  So I downloaded the DU
version of the extensions, faked it out to believe that NetBSD is really
Digital Unix, and things were going along pretty well ... until I got hit
with a mysterious error message;

usr/local/frontpage/version4.0/bin/fpsrvadm.exe: No such file or directory

I recall that sometime in the distant past I saw someone somewhere referring
to some compatibility libraries that might be required.  Is this the case?
I can't even find a man page for compat_osf1.  :-(

I do have COMPAT_OSF1 defined in the kernel config file, and file(1) reports
that fpsrvadm.exe is

COFF format alpha executable paged dynamically linked stripped - version
3.11-8

Is this as it should be?  Where can I look next?

Any suggestions will be most gratefully received ...

-----
Tom Haapanen
tomh@metrics.com