Subject: Re: how to make bootable?!
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/21/1999 23:58:30
> > one problem is that my cdr drive is in a windows
> > machine... anyway to make an iso file that could be
> > booted?
>
> Use mkhybrid from pkgsrc. I like to use cdrecord and burn CD's under NetBSD,
> but your windows program will probably work. Ignore any "bootable" stuff

As long as the windows CD-R software supports writing from ISO image files,
it will definitely work with mkisofs. I expect mkhybrid should work too.

These days I use mkisofs to write a .iso file onto /d, reboot into Win95
and use Adaptec Easy CD Creator to "create CD from image file" and that
understands D:\*.iso just fine.

I've done PC bootable CD's with this so far. Sooner or later I should give
mkhybrid a try.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com