Subject: fpsetmask on alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/20/1999 23:40:46
Recently, I reported problems using fpsetmask() on NetBSD/alpha 1.4L,
in that it didn't appear to work.  Well, to cut a long story short, I
did a bit more investigating, and am now wondering if the reason it
doesn't work is that it is "not implemented yet."

Can someone who knows please let me know if fpsetmask is actually
implemented under NetBSD/alpha, and, if not, if there is any way to
use IEEE 754 mathematics semantics on that port?

(As far as I can gather, fpsetmask is implemented as an alpha system
call, but that the system call itself is not implemented:

#include <sys/cdefs.h>                  /* RCS ID & Copyright macro
defns */

__KERNEL_RCSID(0, "$NetBSD: sys_machdep.c,v 1.10 1999/04/30 00:58:31
ross Exp $"
);

#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/systm.h>

#include <sys/mount.h>
#include <sys/syscallargs.h>
#include <machine/sysarch.h>

int
sys_sysarch(p, v, retval)
        struct proc *p;
        void *v;
        register_t *retval;
{
        struct sys_sysarch_args /* {
                syscallarg(int) op;
                syscallarg(void *) parms;
        } */ *uap = v;
        int error = 0;

        switch(SCARG(uap, op)) {
            case ALPHA_FPGETMASK:
            case ALPHA_FPSETMASK:
            case ALPHA_FPSETSTICKY:
                /* XXX kernel Magick required here */
                break;
            default:
                error = EINVAL;
                break;
        }

        return error;
}
<<<<< From /usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/alpha/sys_machdep.c...

The "kernel Magick required here" part leads me to conclude it's "not
implemented yet...")

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu