Subject: Re: 500au
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/17/1999 00:14:26
On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 11:55:12PM -0800, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> Will SRM boot from IDE disks at all?  So to get this machine working I

It will boot the IDE cdrom drive. I have never tried an IDE HD.
IIRC the latest SRM revs might do it.

> only need to install a scsi controller and SRM?  Wonderful.  I have hoped

The Adaptec is not bootable on SRM. And I also wanted to be able to
run Tru64 on it (for my work) so I went for the KZPBA-CA (DEC/CPQ speak
for QL1040)

Wilko

--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org