Subject: Re: AS 1200 + qlogic RAID
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/1999 13:12:01
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:07:44 -0800
>  David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com> wrote:
>
>  > Okay, cool.  It looks like I've wasted everybody's time.  The IRQ was fail
> ing when
>  > processes were directed to /dev/sd1a and /dev/sd2a, but /dev/sd1c and /dev
> /sd2c refer
>  > to the disks, as they should under NetBSD-alpha.
>  >
>  > Next time I'll give it a week or so before I post  (hah!),
>  > dhop
>
> Huh?  What do you mean?  A non-existent partition shouldn't cause the lossage
> you were seeing...

"What Jason said."  If your disklabels of sd1 and sd2 don't have any 'a'
partitions, then raidctl should have said:

  raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_CONFIGURE) failed: Invalid argument

(even with 'raidctl -C ...')

I believe David said:
> Dec 11 15:23:30 terran /netbsd: sd1: no disk label

Is there an 'a' partition that automatically gets defined??!??!

I'm curious to know that the (default) disklabels look like here...
(i.e. the output from 'disklabel sd1' and 'disklabel sd2')

Later...

Greg Oster