Subject: AlphaServer 400 and X-Windowing System
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <Meerwaldt@t-online.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/1999 10:29:05
Hi,

I've got an AlphaServer 400 and I've succesfully installed NetBSD/Alpha 1.4.1
I have to say, that I dunno very much about NetBSD. But I know Linux very
well, so I think NetBSD shouldn't be a very big Problem...
To my real Problem. I can't find a xf86config procedure anywhere, and when I
enter startx it tells me:
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): xinit: Server error.
I'm using a ATI Mach 64 PCI Graphics Card, which is supported by VMS. Dunno if
it's supported by NetBSD, too, but such a popular card has to be supported,
hasn't it?
What shall I do?
--

Best regards,