Subject: Take 3: Sable floppies and GENERIC kernel
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/07/1999 13:24:57
Hi folks...

Ok, I believe I have fixed the problem with PCI configuration space (should
have read the docs more carefully the first time :-), and have made new
install floppies and a GENERIC kernel.  As before:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/thorpej/disk1of2
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/thorpej/disk2of2
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/thorpej/netbsd-GENERIC-Sable

The kernel should work on both the Sable and Sable-Gamma.  I'm hoping that
adding support for Lynx will be fairly easy, as well, as it appears to
be, essentially, a Sable-Gamma with a later revision T2 Gate Array (T3 or
T4), with a different interrupt controller (which I have already written
the support code for[*]) in order to support the additional PCI interrupts
(more PCI slots on the Lynx).

[*] I had to write the code for the different interrupt controller in order
to support the external optional PCI bus (Hose 1) on the Sable, which uses
the same interrupt controller as the T3/T4.  Kinda makes me wonder why
there are different systypes for Sable and Lynx.