Subject: Re: Of course, a third quesiton
To: Andrew Gillham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <email@example.com>
Date: 11/30/1999 21:47:58
Andrew Gillham writes:
- Eric Schnoebelen writes:
- > Andrew Gillham writes:
- > - Unfortunately my snazzy new SYM53C810A (no BIOS) SCSI card is not.
- > - I assumed it would work, but oh well. :)
- > What sort of problems are you seeing with the 810?? Is
- > it not being recognized by SRM, or is NetBSD having problems
- > with it??
- SRM doesn't recognize it, and thus can't boot from it. I do see it
- in 'show config', and NetBSD recognizes it correctly.
My guess here would be that it shows up as PCI device ID
0x10000005 (the 53c810AP) intead of 0x10000001 (the 53c810.)
(these numbers come from sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.)
I suppose one could attempt to patch SRM to recognize
the other ID, but it's not something _I'm_ up to.. :-)
Eric Schnoebelen firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.cirr.com
"Any field of study that has 'science' as part of it's name
isn't. For example, computer science."