Subject: Re: XFree86 SVGA Server
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: David Hopper <dhop@globalesi.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/19/1999 22:43:04
Whoa.  Quite a thread, that one; thanks for the pointer.  I now=20
consider myself informed.

Starting from ground zero wrt. X as NetBSD-Alpha is, I wonder if it=20
isn't a better tack to try to port the experimental unified=20
framebuffer architecture from Linux  **dodges a pelting hail of rocks=20
and garbage**=20

Unifying the console with X seems like the ultimate statement of=20
elegance in a modern OS...  Remember the NeXT?  Even in console mode=20
the thing was beautiful...

Complexities aside, porting anything from Linux gives me acne. =20
Besides, do it for Alpha, and we have to do it for everybody.

Thanks,
Dave

XFree86 SVGA Server: