Subject: Re: New promise driver and Alpha...
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/15/1999 20:21:40
On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:10:19AM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
> i'm using the udma cables that came with promise66 card(s).  note that udma mode works
> until it errors out.  plain dma mode does not.  try forcing a drive to dma mode 2
> and see what happens.

Ha, ok. Well, I used my promise with a DMA mode 1 drive for some time,
it was my boot disk (now I have a much faster drive so I removed this one
from my box :)
I'll try to look for more infos about the Ultra/66 when I'm back home but
don't hold your breath: Promise never gave me infos about them ...