Subject: Re: DEC 3000/300
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/15/1999 11:09:38
On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:34:37AM -0500, Jon Lindgren wrote:
> I've a chance to get a 3000/300 for $50 - I'm not familiar with these
> boxes in particular, as the two boxes I've owned were alphastation
> 4/200 166's.

The 3000s are turbochannel machines -- kind of the "missing link"
between the DECStation 5000 series and the AlphaStations...  They're
built well, very stable, and rather quiet, although they do throw off
quite a bit of heat.  :)  (At least, my 3000/400 does...)

> Can anyone refer me to a good reference for these machines?  I found
> some basic info, but I was looking for some more specs, capabilities,
> etc...

http://www.digital.com/info/QB000T/QB000TPF.PDF is the spec sheet for
the 3000/300{X,LX} machines...
or do some searches on the Q's website and more stuff will turn up.

--
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
   "I really admire your perverse mastery of the SPARC branch delay slot,