Subject: Re: DEC 3000/500
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/11/1999 21:42:01
Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl> writes:

> The trick is in using the :vm=rfc1048. If this is omitted the boot
> will not work at all. SRM 7.0 is the latest SRM for the DEC3000
> series BTW.

Are you really sure about this? RFC1048 defines extensions to BOOTP,
and I can very well believe that the SRM is using them, but I have a
hard time understanding why this would affect the fact that it's
sending out bogus UDP packets. What usually happens is that the kernel
throws those packets away before any application (such as
rpc.bootparamd) even gets them.

Are you sure you're not running your bootparamd on a SunOS machine (or
another OS that doesn't check UDP checksums)?

/Johan