Subject: Re: DEC 3000/500
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey Svishchev <svs@ropnet.ru>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/11/1999 18:08:35
On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 02:29:52PM +0100, Aleksandar Ilic wrote:

> How to install NetBSD on Dec 3000 without floppy?? I have
> instalation of NetBSD on local ftp server.

You should be able to netboot installation kernel and proceed with
installing NetBSD from a ftp server.  Instructions are in Netboot HOWTO:
<URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netboot/intro.alpha.html>.

> And one more question : How to
> make bootable CD for NetBSD. Can I do it from Linux?? Right now I don't
> have any BSD box around:( only Linux and NT

I tried to do just that (I didn't succeed).  If the CD is to be bootable by
SRM, it should have bootblocks installed; there is an utility,
installboot_cd9660, that does this.  I didn't look into porting it to
Linux.

--
Sergey Svishchev -- <svs@ropnet.ru> -- http://mail-index.nice.ru/