Subject: Re: kvm_read +
To: Tony Hernandez <tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/07/1999 13:25:54
"Tony Hernandez" wrote:

>Hey, what's up... It appears to all be working pretty well... maybe kernfs
>should be added as well to that kernel though... where can I get the syssrc
>that your are using? X is wonderfully faster! holy shit! X was slow as crap

It is the release branch, with should be available from anoncvs.
When 1.4.2 is released it will come from there.

>before.. have you had any problems where when you try to quit X you cant get
>the console back ? Hwne I quit X It just keeps the background and the 'X'
>pointer where I left it but does not 'exit' to console... I can blind type
>startx again and it all comes back ..  any ideas ? what are the kinds of

Yes, I've been meaning to look into this, it is some wscons
differences that I haven't yet fixed.

>diagnostic messages you get alott ? I've been getting some of these , maybe
>these will make more sense to you:
>
>/netbsd: de0: system error: target abort
>

>also, when trying to run top I get:
>
>Floating Point exception
>
>and dmesg prints:
>
>dmesg: kvm_read: Bad Address 0x94220000b7fe2058

Have you cp'ed the kernel from your floppy to /?  (And ungzipped it?)

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==