Subject: Re: pc164 will not boot multiuser
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/07/1999 10:10:30
--==_Exmh_-1049796586P

In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.991106224125.7546F-100000@marcy.nas.nasa.gov>you writ
e:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Daniel Carosone wrote:
>
> > Daniel Carosone writes:
> >
> >  > Oh dear. There may be something bad in that snapshot.
> >
> > Yes, it seems there is.
> >
> > It looks like somehow the build system overwrote the init, sh, and
> > other binaries in the main tarballs with the ones for the install
> > image.  I'm trying to track down why now..

I just made a new build up to the point where it breaks saying dd: option conv
disables...

and installed sbin bin aries.
now it boot up ok.
Thanks.

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_-1049796586P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBOCVCBrA63tqjeAhZAQH3nQP/RZRt+rpsGYcU0lPsR5gfP0udVuSR2z9T
UsqiVtDbbYgp2Xo5hDLMsBORBiKS8Eehd9AQVyl7Pr8ROUrHTdzj3augJEbMcTuE
zoyaXlhpCEIV5EBiPuhWbEqCn3grbkeNuVsOR5dkro1a4FtmsS7v1Koase5ACG3W
I/f9v01EJus=
=fEhL
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1049796586P--