Subject: Re: PMAGD framebuffer
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/1999 11:07:40
Hi, all

I've completed WSCONS PMAG-J (TX) support in dev/tc/tfb.c after I was
given a TX board by a kind guy.  Tested good on DECstation so far, but
not examined with TC alpha, yet.  It could be used as 8bpp
non-accelerated dumb framebuffer.

TX has two framebuffers inside, 8bpp and 24bpp, and a bitmap plane
selects any portion of two framebuffer images onto a screen.  It's
interesting to know TX has more than 8/24bpp hardware.  The emourous
single slot TC option card can be used for video capturing counting
virtical retrace interrupts by special IOCTLs.  That function has not
been under research.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology