Subject: Re: Multia + IDE Hard dirve .. floppy boot disk ?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/28/1999 10:16:07
> From: Tony Hernandez <tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
>
> where can I find some documentation on how to make a boot disk so that I
> can get my system running ?
> I'ce completed sysinst and everything went pretty well. I'd like to
> somehow boot this thing from a floppy and have it mount the hard drives
> partitions and all that good stuff ..

Over in src/distrib/alpha/floppy-GENERIC you will see a setup that does
everything for you. I think it's actually borked right now on the exact
GENERIC kernel, because it overflowed the floppy, but you should have
no trouble at all if you either point it at a custom Multia kernel
(that has most of the random drivers removed) or if you trim down
your GENERIC config.

	ross