Subject: NetBSD 1.4.1 & keyboard freakage.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/27/1999 21:07:13
I've been trying to get into sysinst to install my system but after all
the boot messages go by ..  it stops at :

Terminal type? [vt100]   _

And my keyboard stops working ... num lock does not work and  I tried to
unplug it and plug it in again .. but to no avail whatsoever.

there are a couple of things from the kernel messages  that are of
interest:

after the com0 line I get:

alpha_shared_intr_establish: isa irq 4: warning: using edge-triggered on
level-triggered

after the com1 line I get:

alpha_shared_intr_establish: isa irq 3: warning: using edge-triggered on
level-triggered

the releveant sections to my keyboard are:

pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbdprobe: reset response 0xfd

pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot

there is also this matter:

WARNING: clock gained 7384 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
(how t f  do you do this in srm ?)

I tried doing it with the date command and all was well but I still got
the same error on boot again..

all comments , suggestions  and  down right solutions are greatly
appreciated ..

cheers

 Tony Hernandez