Subject: Re: -current panic (pool_get free list modified in tlp_rxintr)
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/23/1999 21:42:38
> This happened during a bulk transfer from my i386 laptop to my
> AlphaStation 200, with -current userland and kernel as of yesterday's sup.
>
> fatal kernel trap:
> panic: pool_get(mbpl): free list modified: magic=0; page 0xfffffc00029ca000; item addr 0xfffffc00029caa10

This feels very similar to a panic I got last night while rcp'ing a set of
19991018 tarballs from a multia to an i386. On reboot the ncr0 was very
unhappy, but after an SRM reset command it was working again.

Sorry I can't give any detail beyond a "me too" report, but that's one of
the drawbacks to running local consoles instead of serial.

(And yes, Ross, given enough time a multia _will_ produce a snapshot.
FWIW, it was the one you fixed for me.)

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com