Subject: Re: tga graphic cards
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/16/1999 16:55:28
Berndt Josef Wulf <> writes:
> > Will Tru64 actually work with "any" random VGA card in high-res mode?
> > Can it run XF86?  I don't know.
> Yes, DU4 and True64 Unix work with the Diamond Stealth 64 and similar
> cards. I consider 1024x768x16 to be a hires mode which performed quite
> well on my system.

The question was not whether it can run with any single SVGA card in a
hi-res mode.  since DEC _sold_ s3-based cards, it most certainly can.

The question was whether it can run with any arbitrary card (e.g. a
supported list at least as long as xf86's).  Last I saw, it couldn't.

has that changed?

Chris Demetriou - -