Subject: Re: REVISED:Laptop Hardrive cables [Please smack me](was: where can I fi
To: None <>
From: Andrew F. Seila <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/14/1999 23:20:07
Yes.  That is right.  The other four pins are for jumpers, I believe.
I left them alone and connected the connectors on the drive to those on
the motherboard using a 44-pin ribbon cable, and all worked fine.  I had
to use some trial-and-error to get the connectors plugged in the right

I got a ribbon cable from a local computer shop.  The owner ordered it
for me, so I don't know exactly where he got it.

You can get firmware upgrades from

The latest firmware upgrade is a couple of years old  now, but it was
newer than the firmware version that came with my Multia.

Good Luck!

Andy Seila