Subject: Re: tga graphic cards
To: Ross Harvey <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/13/1999 21:41:42
Ross Harvey <> writes:
> Option (1) is really too big a job given the resources we have and given
> that the much-easier kludge (2) gives us most of the functionality of (1).
> Option (2) was avoided previously because of purism (at least in part, I
> think) but for the record: I've made the decision that it is now OK for
> NetBSD/alpha to go this way. (Hehe.)

Put another way, option two is easy but architecturally wrong, and
option one is huge.

I've never had time to even try to make a dent in option one other
than by trying to get the xf86 folks to Understand.

I've never had any interest in working on option two.

NetBSD is a user-supported system.  That means that if people want the
feature, they should work on it...

Chris Demetriou - -