Subject: Re: AXPpci-33: kernel stack not valid halt...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Marc.Gutschner <marc@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/05/1999 22:39:25
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  "Marc.Gutschner" <marc@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE> wrote:

[...]
>  >
>  > 	Jumping to bootstrap code
>  >
>  > 	NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1 Primary Boot +
>  > 	+.
>  > 	Jumping to entry point
>  >
>  > 	halted CPU0
>  > 	halt code = 2
>  > 	kernel stack not valid halt
>  > 	PC=d6af60d3ca0794c0
>
> ...if that's really what the PC is, then something is Very Very Wrong.

Well, I didn't care (yet!) to give it some more tries to see if the PC is
reproducable... IIRC it has been '0' when trying to boot from the tape. So
far I've booted the 1.3.2 "install132.fs" image (all the way up to the
install script) and 1.3.3 (i/o error while loading the kernel - probably a
bad floppy). Then my FreeBSD box paniced while writing the 1.4 boot images
to a floppy :-(. But since 1.3.3 went all the way through first and second
stage boot loader it is almost 100% more than what I get when using the
1.4.1 images...

I'll keep up trying the remaining images until I can pin-point it to the
boot code on the 1.4.1 floppies ;-)

Thanks,
Marc