Subject: Re: AXPpci-33: kernel stack not valid halt...
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/05/1999 12:18:41
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Ross Harvey wrote:

> > From port-alpha-owner@netbsd.org Tue Oct  5 12:02:13 1999
> > Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:01:11 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: "Marc.Gutschner" <marc@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
> > To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
> > cc: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@triplan.com>,
> >         Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>, port-alpha@netbsd.org
> > Subject: Re: AXPpci-33: kernel stack not valid halt...
> >
> > On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> >

> > > This has been happening for over a  year on the 8200.
> > >

> > Uh! This doesn't really sound encouraging :-/
>
> I think Matt made a rather misleading comment there. I think he is trying
> to say that on a boot from a hard drive this *has happened* (once? twice?
> ten times?) on an 8200 at NAS. And I don't believe Matt's report is even
> reproducible by Matt.

Not only has it always been readily reproducible, but the PR was updated
with the information that Jason requested. I sure wish he'd let me know
why he thinks it was a DWLPX code change.

> Furthermore, I didn't even know the 8200 *had* a floppy. Matt? Are you
> saying that this happens when booting 1.4.1 floppies on the 8200? That's
> what people think you said.

Sorry- I didn't mean to make it misleading. I was just going off of a
"kernel stack  not valid" - I wasn't reading carefully enough the details.

-matt