Subject: Still trying to install on 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: John Boccio <boccio@swarthmore.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/28/1999 11:25:09
I found an old HDS vt100 terminal.

Connected it to the serial port.

Try #1: Did not disconnect the regular keyboard/mouse

at ssc0 entry it started writing on the terminal.

However, typing on the terminal keyboard produces no response.

Try #2: disconnect the regular keyboard/mouse

get errors about no keyboard/mouse present and then a message
saying it is switching to the alternate console

some diagnostic stuff prints on the terminal
including

sc ?60  error message

terminal keyboard still does not communicate

I tried two different terminals.

I am using a standard HDS cable

pins 1-8,20,23 straight through.

It has been a long time since i fooled with Rs-232 cables....

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Boccio
boccio@swarthmore.edu