Subject: Re: Configuring X
To: Andrew F. Seila <andy@ms.terry.uga.edu>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/20/1999 15:46:44
The Multia doesn't run XF86.  It runs /usr/X11R6/bin/XalphaNetBSD,
and it requires no configuration -- it takes the graphics mode from
the console which is obtained by the SRM from some jumpers hidden
in the guts of the machine.  X is still a bit slow, but I am working
on accelerating it.  Basically, I need to clean things up a bit,
find a couple of truly annoying bugs in what I've been doing and
implement stipple and tiled fills.  (Stipple mode is incredibly
important as it is what draws the text.  And it could be an order
of magnitude faster.)

But, be that as it may, I think that just running xdm should do the
trick -- no setup required.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==