Subject: Re: How to make a bootable Alpha CD?
To: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
From: Martin Heller <heller@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/13/1999 20:39:51
Well, putting the diskimage 'cdhdtape'  on CD as a normal file
is enough for booting.
booting from SRM console works then as:
show config  <- to identify your CD-ROM (if SCSI : dka{1,2,3,4,5,6})
boot -fi /path/to/the/file/on/cd/cdhdtape dkaX

putting the tar-file sets on the same CD is a good idea imho ...

MARTIN