Subject: Re: Decent SCSI card for AlphaStation 200?
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/07/1999 18:07:48
Wilko Bulte writes:
- As der Mouse wrote ...
- > > Since writing SRM software is not something anyone else than
- > > Compaq/Digital is doing, [...]
- > Why is this? Lack of sufficient doco? Lack of interest? (Isn't the
- > ARC/SRM console code basically special-purpose microcode?)
- IIRC the EB boards had development kits for SRM code. That might help
- people who really want to hack on SRM.
As someone who owns the EBSDK (to get SRM for my
AlphaPC-64), I find only PAL code source, not SRM source on the
CD. If I had the SRM source, I'd be wacking on it to support
something newer than a 53C810 host adapter.. :-)
Eric Schnoebelen email@example.com http://www.cirr.com
"Ford, If I were to ask where in the hell we are, would I
regret it?" -- Arther Dent, HHGG