Subject: Re: 1.4 and 1.4.1 fails on PC164LX/NCR810 systems
To: None <tege@swox.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/07/1999 11:01:34
Urk, OK. There was a problem in ustarfs about backing up volumes and
recomputing the cylinder-zero-recognizing-checksum; doing that interacted
with another feature intended to avoid backing up within a volume so that
tape installs would work with old SRM's that won't backspace or rewind,
even though they _say_ they will and return no error when you try. Sigh.
(This feature allowed NetBSD to install on certain alphas that no other
freenix system would work on, so it wasn't a total loss. :-)

Anyway, I've replaced the disk images with a second spin; please try again.

	ross.harvey@computer.org