Subject: Re: floating point exception?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/05/1999 19:10:28
Dave Huang wrote:

> I took a quick look at it, and it looks like it's caused by the fortune
> data files being out of date... didn't the format change recently, so
> that the files could be shared across all ports or something?

Umm, yeah, that was me.  I assumed that anyone re-installing any part of
fortune would do the equivalent of a "make install" in src/games/fortune
and the new dat files would get installed too.  It looks like that a
"make build UPDATE=1" without a "make clean" could cause this - I wonder
if the correct fix is for the dat files to depend on strfile.{c,h} as
well?

The alpha I was talking about was one of the machines I tested the
new format on - so obviously it's .dat files were up to date.  With
hindsight I should have sent a heads-up to port-alpha - my apologies
to all for that.

monop (the other one I changed) does rebuild the cards pack of
initdeck.c is changed, so this is ok.

> Rebuilding and reinstalling games/fortune/datfiles fixed the problem for
> me.

Good!

Simon.